Tuesday 16 February 2010

Pancake Day. TOPPINGS!

It's Pancake Day, and I am alone in the flat. You know what that means....

Fizzy wine, and experimental pancake cooking! XD

OK, so not exactly experimental in the 'mixing chillies with ice cream', or 'attempting to create a working hover board' (I'm *this* close) sense, but I did go a bit over the top with my variety this year. I made basic pancake batter (flour, eggs, milk - you know the drill), than went topping crazy. Here is a rundown of pancake toppings 2010. Nom.


Nutella Pancakes
. Otherwise known as 'The Usual'. Pretty straight-forward recipe. Pancakes. Spread with Nutella (or generic chocolate paste) while still hot in the pan. Roll. Eat. Delicious.

Bonus: added a few slices of banana. Good times.

Sugar and Lemon Pancakes. The classic. Hard to go wrong with this one really. Pancakes. Drizzle lemon juice, sprinkle sugar. Roll. Eat.

Bonus: put some sugar on the plate for dippin' my pancake ends. Mmmm..... taste the diabetes. :)

Pancakes with Ham and Melted Cheddar Cheese
. A savory option for those of you without a sweet tooth. Not a personal fave, but a good dinner alternative. Pancakes. Layer on a few strips of ham wile it's still cooking, add some grated cheese. Fold. Flip. Get that cheese nice and melty. Eat.

Bonus: Trust me on this - adding a drizzle of sweet chili chutney = Nice. Nice.

Pancakes with Maple Syrup
. Pancake. Fold. Drizzle with Maple Syrup. Eat. One of the reasons I love Canada, eh?

Bonus: If your maple syrup comes from a fresh tree! (Mine was out a tin. Still good.)

Pancakes with Slices of Apple and Brown Sugar. Otherwise known as 'The Pancakes I Tried to Make When I got Cocky'. Pancakes. Thin sliced apple while still cooking in pan. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Dash of cinnamon. Fold. Flip. Eat.

Being honest - the apple was not as cooked as it should have been. Still tasted plenty good.

Bonus: Cook your apple properly, where I failed!

Cream and Gummi Pancakes
. Or 'The Absurd Pancakes I Made When I Was Feeling Full and Wanted to Mess About With What Was In The Cupboard.' Disaster. Messy. Still think it was a workable idea.

Bonus: If it tastes good.

Pancakes with Broccoli and Mushroom Slices
.
....

No, sorry. That one was fake. There is no way in hell.

Happy Shrove Tuesday.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment